Can your Car beat the Classic Car Euro Challenge (CCEC)?
- Cars need to be an old timer or a young timer (at least 25 years).
- Coin needs to be placed on the engine itself.
- If the coin cannot stay on the engine, due to the surface, you can place bolt or nut attached to the engine, to put the coin on (see Citroen DS21).
- Coin needs to stand upright for atleast 2 min on a running engine at idle.
- Idle speed needs to be confirm manufactures spefication (see your tech manual).
- Coin needs to be a 1 euro or a 2 euro coin.
- Coin may not be clamped, glued, modified or supported in any way.
- Coin may not be touched during challenge.
- Coin must fall down at the end of the video, without touching it.
Land Rover Serie IIa (2¼L, 4 cylinder)
Idle 660RPM, 30+ minutes.
Mercedes 107 450SL (4.5L, V8)
Mercedes SL107 450 D-Jetronic with SkyFire Ignition.
Has run 110.000 miles and hasn't been driven with in some years.
IWEMA enterprise made the car runnable and installed a SkyFire Ignition Driver.
Engine runs perfectly smooth, virtually without any vibrations.
Euro coil stood for over 3 minutes on the engine (shown only last 23 seconds).
SkyFire doesn't need any tachometer modifications for these kind of Mercedeses.
Range Rover 3.9 (3.9L, V8)
Euro coin stays up on engine for 3+ min. (625RPM Idle).
Citroen DS21 (2.1L, 4 cylinder)
Coin on engine for over 10 minutes at 650RPM idle (last 30 seconds shown).
Commer (3L, 6 cylinder)
Euro coin stays on oil cap.
Range Rover 3.5 carb. converted (3.9L, V8)
Euro coin staying on engine for over 20 minutes.
After a while we try to generate a wind flow to make it fall down.
Mercedes W123E (4 cylinder)
Euro coin stands on engine for over 30 minutes. Coin falls due to airflow.
Volkswagen Golf II 1.3i (4 cylinder)
It has 16066km on the clock. Euro coin stands on engine for over 30 minutes.
Want your movie to join the hall of fame?
Record a movie of about 1 min, where you can see the SkyFire Ignition Driver and the euro standing on the engine.
Submit it to: email@example.com. To make sure your video will be posted:
- Type, brand and year of the car
- Decent quality at minimum
- No license plate or chassis number visible
- No persons recognizable within the movies (privacy)
- Optional: description
We also respect your privacy and won't share any of your information except the movie itself and the information of the car specified above.Note: Not all cars have a spot where the euro can stand on, like a flat underground, but here are some where it can.